Campbeltown is an ancient royal burgh at the head of Campbeltown Loch. Campbeltown Highland Parish Church is successor to the original congregation in the town. The current building was completed in 1807 for a Gaelic speaking congregation. It is affectionately known as ‘the friendly Church’. Kirk Street Hall is the oldest building in the town, having been built as a church. It is a welcoming, versatile space and is used by a large number of community groups during the week. Near the hall is the Linda McCartney memorial garden.
Campbeltown was a thriving town in the nineteenth century, famous for its whisky. This industry is not as prominent as it was then, but fishing continues from the harbour and the town is the principal centre for the Kintyre district.
Campbeltown Highland Parish became part of the newly created South Kintyre Team Ministry when it was formed in March 2020.
Sunday worship is held each week, the first in the month being held in the Kirk Street Hall and there is a Sunday School for our younger friends.
Everyone is welcome to join in our activities.
Sunday Worship: 10.00am
Sunday School: 10.00am
SKY youth group: Fridays at 7.00pm